Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fundraiser Recap

It's been a few weeks coming, but I'm stoked to announce the HUGE SUCCESS that has been both of my Bike & Build fundraisers!!!!

Since January, my family worked diligently and tirelessly to put together a booster night fundraiser for March 7th in my hometown, Riverhead, NY.  This night featured a Chinese auction, live music, great food, a few fun competitions for the kids (and adults), a even a photo booth!  Needless to say, everyone had a really fun time hanging out and getting to know one another.  I was on hand at the event, getting to personally meet everyone and say some words about my trip.  Thank you to my wonderful mom and sister for being the driving force behind this fundraising night and thank you to everyone else who donated money, goods, and music to make this one so successful!  All together, we were able to raise $1019 by this fundraiser!!!

Just last Friday, I held my second fundraiser here in Maryland at the Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center.  This fundraiser brought together friends and family from the surrounding area for a good night of trivia, food, and drinks.  Harpoon brewery was kind enough to sponsor the event with 8 cases of beer and (almost) all the food was cooked by my roommate Katey and myself.  As it turns out, my trivia questions were a bit harder than I anticipated them being (sorry everyone!), but everyone still had a good time nevertheless!  Thank you to Katey and my girlfriend Emily for stepping up and helping out with all of the trivia night planning and running that I could not do just by myself!  Thank you to all the businesses that donated to the event, their donations totaling over $1500!  At this event, we ended with $1006 raised for affordable housing!!!

What does this all mean?!  This means that my fundraising total currently stands at a whopping $5820!!!!  This is far above and beyond my initial goal of $4500 and it all goes straight to supporting affordable housing!!

When i started preparing for this trip, my biggest concern was how i would raise the money to put on such a wonderful trip. What I didn't plan for was how much everyone would want to support me in this endeavor and how many people would willingly donate towards a trip supporting affordable housing. It means so much to me to see everyone coming out to support these events, support my trip, and support affordable housing!  You are all quite wonderful people and I thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment