Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 42 - Dalhart, TX

Back to the ride! After our lovely day off, we are now headed to Dalhart, TX. The ride was 80 miles, but we had an awesome tailwind for much of that, so the day passed by fairly smoothly. There were some hills in the morning, but by afternoon it was all fairly flat. I've been told that west Texas is flat and now I get to see it for myself!

When we arrived at the small town of Dalhart, we found a note at our host from SC2SC, who has just stayed there the previous night and wished us the best. It is so strange to run through towns where other bikers already have been! We once again went out for Sonic (this time not DMed) while we waited following the ride, then we showered at the nearby school. A shower after a long day is always nice, even if it is freezing cold!

Finally a surprise! I got my first mail drop from adoring friends and family! Thank you sis for all the bars, snacks, and especially the drawings from my niece, Summer!!! :) Thank you as well to Emily Mazurak (SUS '12) for the awesome grab bag box of snacks and 4th of July party favors. I don't think that those brownies will last long, haha.

Ride Partners!
Emma
Kirsten
Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment