Saturday, January 4, 2014

Words From A Past Rider

"Bike & Build reminds me of the importance of being human – the importance of living, feeling and embracing the human condition while pushing the context and the boundaries of how we see and perceive ourselves and our fellow man. It not only reminds us to keep our feet (or wheels) planted firmly on the ground, but also encourages us to reach skyward with our hearts and our heads, spurring personal growth and redefinition so that we may help others. Leading our lives with honesty and truth and being conscientious of those in need contributes to the energy that betters our world.

~ Derrick Thiel, Bike & Build CUS 2010

1 comment:

  1. I actually got to meet Derrick last year during the CapRide and he had a lot of good quotes... I just wish I had thought to write them all down! I was talking to him about if I wanted to do a cross-country ride enough to take the time off work, etc and he said, "Most good things in life - you don't think you have time for." It was pretty deep at the time, but it still makes me smile :) I'll have to tell you more stories about Derrick when we start training!

    ReplyDelete