Tuesday, August 28, 2018

DirtDrift 2018: Update

Biking the Baltimore & Annapolis Trail with the BWI Loop
Only a couple weeks now until I arrive in Boise, ID and head off on my second Bike & Build trip! We had a team meeting over the weekend and squared away some detailed trip info:

  • 2 Build Days (in Boise)
  • 6 Riding Days
  • 250 Miles to Cover
  • Camping Every Night
  • Weather - Highs in 80's, Lows in 20's
  • Cell service - Not likely
  • Wildfires - Maybe?


As for me, I'm hurriedly getting ready for this trip along with everything else going on around here! At the suggestion of other Bike & Builders, I am using BikeFlights.com to arrange ground shipping straight to Boise and hopefully I'll have a good review to leave when my bike arrives safely via FedEx (their shipping partner). I never needed to ship my bike when I was on SUS 2014, so I'm a little nervous. My local bike shop was kind enough to give me a used bike box and somehow I managed to fit my 29er into this small box (made for a cruiser bike) during a test fit.

Attempts at Bike Packing

Well I'm home now from my 45-mile ride on the Baltimore & Annapolis Trail, adding in the BWI Loop for good measure. I was hoping to make this 60 miles but I ran short on time... Anyways, I'm quite tired and I shall say goodnight! Thanks for reading my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment