Friday, September 7, 2018

Update From The Air

...and I'm off!



As I type this, I'm currently on a plane flying somewhere over Colorado on my way to San Jose, CA then to Portland, OR. I've left the East Coast a week early so that I can join my fellow Bike & Build SUS 2014 riders Laura & Dusty at their wedding this weekend in Portland! I can't wait to celebrate with the happy couple!!

Next Friday, our DirtDrift group will start off our trip with the first of two back-to-back build days. Following this, we'll hit the road and disappear into the mountains for our 250-mile ride.


Despite the extensive cumulative experience of our group of Bike & Build alumni, I can't help but be a little nervous about this trip. Contrasted with the long days spent riding on highway and side streets in 2014, we will be out on the wilderness and expect to have little to no communication with the outside world until it is over. This will be a great test of our group dynamics and capability to deal with any incidents and accidents (hopefully not!) completely by ourselves. Nevertheless, I'm still excited!

Stay tuned for more info and pictures!!! A big thank you to everyone who has donated to my trip so far :) I am still taking donations up through the trip, so if you have some spare change please consider supporting this great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment