Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bicycle Tuesday - Part 2


Bicycle Tuesday! Part 2!
(a.k.a. "The Bicycle Strikes Back") 
(a.k.a. "Bicycle 2: Judgement Day")
(a.k.a. "My Bike Has Arrived!!!") 

My Bike & Build bicycle arrived yesterday!  Although I felt bad for the delivery man who walked the box up to the second floor landing of our office, I was thoroughly excited to see the Giant box (bad pun intended...) finally here and in one piece!

Bicycle waiting to be unpacked in my living room.
While I couldn't just leave work to go assemble the bike, you can bet that I did the moment that I got home!  Although I love to tinker and assemble new 'toys', thanks to the folks at Bokoo Bikes in Chanhassen, MN, the bike came almost fully assembled.  All that I had left to do was to attach the handlebars, front wheel, seat, and pedals...

Bike out of the box, ready for unwrapping and assembly.

I've never made any You-Tube videos before, but on a whim, I decided to create my first-ever time lapse video of my bike assembly.  The photos were taken at a 10-second interval and are replayed at a 0.5-second rate.  Enjoy!

 

Finally, here's the bike!  By the time my trip is done this summer, she will have over 4500 miles on her.  Not bad for a bike that's only 7 months old!  Now I need to find some time to start riding those 500 training miles...

Fully-assembled 2014 Giant Defy 2
On another note, I made a quick bike fitting using Competitive Cyclist's Bike Fit Calculator.  While I will still be getting my bike properly fitted by my local bike shop before the trip, this online tool is a great aid in getting your bicycle roughly-fitted to your body measurements.  If you've never had your bike fitted (and I mean more than picking the frame size), I highly recommend that you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment