Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bicycle Tuesday

Wooh, February, where did you come from?!  Hold on a minute, how long ago was New Years?  Yup, that passed by quickly!  Well, it does seem like time is speeding up these days.  With preparations for Bike & Build (many hours wasted in silly research), planning for fundraisers in MD and NY (details soon to be announced!), volunteer work at the Annapolis Summer Garden Theatre, band practice, time spent with friends and my girlfriend Emily, and my normal 9-5 job, there is just not enough time in the day to squeeze in all that I would like to!

Thankfully, this road has been fairly smooth so far.  My Bike & Build steed is on order (a Giant Defy 2 road bike) and today I get to thank all of my wonderful supporters for helping me make it past one-third of my minimum fundraising goal of $4,500! There's still a long road ahead, but I'm going to continue working my butt off to raise funds and awareness for affordable housing while keeping up with all of the other excitement in my life! To everyone who has donated and to everyone that has wished me good luck, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is so refreshing to have everyone supporting me on this major undertaking, and I couldn't do it without you.

Wrapping this intro up, I'd like to thank my roommate Katey for taking the time to help me with an impromptu photo shoot for Bike & Build fundraising pictures.  While I've never been accused of being particularly photogenic, I'll let you decide what you think:



Now, without further adieu, here's Bicycle Tuesday!  I'm adding this in to my blog to showcase the first half of the Bike & Build equation, the bicycling!  Whether it's a small quip about bicycling, a picture from another website (my graphic design skills are minimal, at best), or some other random tidbit, this is one feature that I hope to continue on a weekly basis on this blog!

This week:

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
~ Mark Twain

Source: http://xkcd.com/880/

No comments:

Post a Comment