Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 30 - Carthage, TX

Sick.

Looks like I got the stomach bug that has been hitting some people here and there on our trip. For the sake of propriety, I won't give too many details, but today I did not have any extra energy to spend (seriously it took me hours later on to accomplish simple tasks). It came on last night and has kept me off the road and riding with Maddie in the van. Not an entirely unenjoyable ride, but I attempted to sleep for as much of it as I could. Thankfully they did wake me up for the border crossing into Texas, so I did get my Texas sign picture!

I'm sad to have missed an entire ride day with my Bike and Build family as well as hanging out with everyone at our amazing host's house. From how I understand it, there was tons of food and drinks (including beer) and a great pool and hot tub. I missed all this whole I was asleep upstairs at the host, having gone straight to bed after getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment