Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 32 - Dallas

Not every day do I ride the full distance with the same ride partner(s), but today changed that! During the day, people tend to break off from their groups or shuffle groups at lunch breaks, so I noticed it at the end of the day today when I arrived with Molly M and Maddie, the same people I started off with.

Rewinding a bit, I started off the day with a great breakfast courtesy of Rich and Janice before driving back to the church. At the church I found out that even more people got sick last night, so there was a full van load of people bussing to our next city. :( Although I'm not perfect yet, I felt good enough to ride the entire way today into Dallas and I'm happy that I did! The roads were pretty bumpy at times, but we had a tailwind for much of our ride and were able to cruise quickly along.

On a random aside, I found a hat today! Nothing fancy, but a baseball cap on the side of the road caught my eye as the logo of an eagle over a American flag is exactly the same as one another one of our riders found the other day. The things that you can find when you're concentrated on the road in front of you!

Now to the best part of the day, arriving at the host! We've heard rumors from our leaders and riders from other years about how awesome Sally and Peter Muhl are as B&B hosts (perhaps #1?), but could not have anticipated our experience here! When u first rolled up, I saw a gorgeous house with a RV parked right next to it. I later found out that the propose of the RV was as a place for Sally and Peter to sleep while we were given full run of their entire house. As a walked in the side door, I just saw a huge pile of food and snacks covering their kitchen and there was Sally, asking me if I'd like a milkshake. Have I died and gone to heaven? My appetite isn't fully back yet, so I couldn't gorge on all the snacks, but the milkshake was perfect! Outside, my B&B family was already in the pool and hot tub and enjoying some of the many drinks that Sally has bought for us. Sally even arranged for an inflatable slip and slide rental in her backyard! You can be sure that I jumped right in with everyone!

The rest of the night was fairly chill. I know that a lot of people stayed up late, but because I was feeling a little weak, I went to sleep as soon as I could after the wonderful pulled pork, brisket, and ribs dinner that Sally prepared for us. Thank you sooo much for a wonderful end to a long day, Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment