Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 31 - Athens, TX

Well, i'm feeling much better today, though still lethargic. As a result of this, I rode in the van for the first part of the day with Greg, who was a great host. At lunch, I got my bike out, got all ready to go, and rode by myself taking a comfortable place for the rest of the day. So great to be back on the bike and feeling mostly better!

I got in to the host a little late, due to my speed and that a local Sonic in Athens donated free slushes to us and I made sure to take advantage of the donation! By the time I got in, I found out that there was a large number of people that didn't finish the whole ride and got vanned due to illness. Looks like I was just the tip of the iceberg of sickness! Hopefully not everyone else gets sick too...

As a change from the norm of us all sleeping in the same building, we split into individual hosts tonight! The sick crew stayed back at the church, but the rest of us divvied ourselves amongst all of the fantastic hosts that were willing to open up their doors to us. I stayed with Rich and Janice at their lake-front house in Athens and they were more than wonderful hosts! Rich and I left the church first and made it back with enough light left for Rich to teach me how to stand-up paddleboard and for us to take a nice cruise across the lake (I only fell in once!). After washing my clothes and sleeping bag (it needed it), they left me to relax in the entire upper level of their house (to which I promptly fell asleep while attempting to blog). Thank you both sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment